This week on the show, we talk about Jimmy's new Farmer's Almanac and how accurate it has been for the month of December. We also talk about weather stations: what they are, the many places you can find them, and different types of personal weather stations you can get for yourself. We also cover some of our favorite weather apps and websites we think you might find useful. Joel is preparing for the weather in July. Jimmy sounds like a lifelong sword swallower who gargled with rock salt. Check your funometer, there's a podcast a-comin'!
Different personal weather stations we talked about:
Smart Weather Stations
Joel's favorite, the Netatmo:
- Netatmo Weather Station Website
- Netatmo Wearther Station on Amazon
- Netatmo Raing Gauge Add-on on Amazon
- Netatmo Wind Gauge Add-on on Amazon
Elgato's HomeKit compatible Eve Weather outdoor sensor:
Dumb Weather Stations
- I would do lots of research and comparisons of reviews before buying any of these as I don't have a good recommendation for any of them. The one I mentioned I own is several years old, and its model has been discontinued. It was made by Ambient Weather.
Portable Weather Devices
The portable, handheld weather meters Jimmy talked about:
Antique Weather Stations
A good example of one of the cool, anitque-style weather clock/barometer/thermometer that we talked about on the show with a "glass".