Harken back to a simpler time: January, 2016. Snowzilla (“Winter Storm Jonas” if you’re a weenie) was bearing down on the DC Metro area. Thrill at this tale of yesteryear as Joel and Jimmy consult actual meteorologist Becky Elliott about the storm, the hard work that goes into predicting major weather events, professional liability in meteorology, and driving in the snow for…fun? What? That’s ridiculous.
BUT WAIT, THERE’S MORE:
Jimmy and Joel recap the storm a few days after and decide once and for all if liking severe weather events (esp. blizzards) is elitist.
BONUS FEATURE: Jimmy, sighing dejectedly as Becky and Joel talk about how much they love snow.
- Follow Becky on Twitter at @AccuWxBeck
- The AccuWeather Storm Blog
- EDITOR’S NOTE: The painting Jimmy is referencing is Judith slaying Holofernes [Wikipedia]. As of this writing, Joel has not been beheaded by his and Jimmy’s respective wives.
- Look on @joelhousman’s works, ye mighty, and DESPAIR. – via @icestationpod
- February 5–6, 2010 North American blizzard (“Snowmageddon”)
- February 9–10, 2010 North American blizzard (“Snowmageddon II: Snoverkill”)
- North American blizzard of 1996
- What the hell is a snowboard?
- Some great weathercam links
- "The Weather Next Door" on Medium
“Let It Go” by Idina Menzel, from the movie ‘Frozen’
[Image Credit: NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, "Blizzard Bears Down on U.S. East Coast"]