On this week's show we discuss the four day severe weather outbreak from earlier last week as well as what YOU should do in the event of a tornado warning. Jimmy is out this week, so Becky and Joel review a blog post she wrote in early 2015 covering the topic of tornado safety. We also cover the discussion that popped up this week related to the old vs new method for rating tornado severity and highlight a number of intense videos from the past week's storms.
Introductions - Jimmy is out this week at a conference and was unable to co-host - so its just Becky and Joel.
Topic: Tornado Safety
- Becky reviews the severe weather outbreak, day by day.
- How to Prepare for Severe Weather and Stay Safe During an Outbreak
- Insane photo of a very lucky young man who followed proper tornado safety procedures
- Affordable, $25 weather radio
- More expensive, but better quality weather radio
EF3 vs EF5 discussion related to Oklahoma tornado
Scary Tornado Videos From This Outbreak
- Katie, Oklahoma Tornado - close video.
- Katie, Oklahoma Tornado - from several miles away.
- Sulphur, Oklahoma Tornado - watch from 4:00 until 6:30 to see the section we were discussing about the storm chaser Tim Marshal deploying a sensor pod.
- Wray, Colorado Tornado - the "photogenic" tornado we were talking about from the very first day of the storms. The Capital Weather Gang posted a good snapshot of photos from this storm as well.
Also, after we finished recording this episode, USTornados.com did a big writeup specifically about the Katie, OK Tornado.
This week's outro music was "You Spin Me Round (Like a Record) by Dead or Alive.