In a twist on the normal discussion of weather on Earth, the crew of Ice Station Housman takes a journey through the solar system to see what other planet's weather is like.
The main goal: to determine which planet humans can relocate to in the unfortunate case of Earth becoming inhabitable.
Introductions- The gang's all here! Joel, Jimmy and Becky tackle the complexities of space together.
Topic: Other Planet's Weather
- Mercury: http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/ask/27-What-is-the-weather-like-on-Mercury-
- Venus: http://www.universetoday.com/36721/weather-on-venus/
- Mars: http://mars.nasa.gov/
- Jupiter and moons: Europa and Io: http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/jupiter
- Saturn: http://www.space.com/18473-saturn-temperature.html
- Saturn's moon: Titan: http://www.space.com/15257-titan-saturn-largest-moon-facts-discovery-sdcmp.html
- Saturn's hexagon storm: http://www.space.com/30608-mysterious-saturn-hexagon-explained.html
- Uranus: http://nineplanets.org/uranus.html
- Neptune: http://coolcosmos.ipac.caltech.edu/ask/150-What-is-the-weather-like-on-Neptune-
- Neptune's moon: Triton: http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/triton
- Pluto: http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/planets/pluto
This week's intro music is "Lucy In The Sky, With Diamonds" by The Beatles.
Our outro music is "Life On Mars?" by David Bowie.
This episode's background image courtesy of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center. The image was taken by Hubble. Read more information about the photo.