On this week's episode, Becky, Jimmy, and Joel welcome guest Steve Travis, a meteorologist for Accuweather on the show to talk about the recent storms that have impacted the west coast, and lightened California's drought conditions. Steve also talks about what his typical day is like as a weather forecaster vs. what people perceive he does.
Topic 1: West Coast Storms rain and snowfall. How have they affected California's Drought?
- Five feet of snow and counting — California fire hose continues through the weekend
- Seven feet of snow in seven days, and the California ski resorts are rejoicing
- The drought is over in Northern California after up to 20 inches of rain and 12 feet of snow
- After 'pretty extraordinary' snowfall, Sierra Nevada braces for another battering from atmospheric river
- An example of how rainfall has impaxted lake levels. A before and after picture of Lake Oroville from January 2016 to January 2017.
Topic 2: Perceptions vs Reality: What does a meteorologist actually do, vs. what do people think they do?
This week's outro music was "It Never Rains in Southern California" by Albert Hammond.