On this week's show Jimmy, Becky, and Joel take a walk down the memory lane of significant weather events in 2016, of which Snowzilla is the most memorable. It was also a year full of flood events, both tropical and non-tropical in nature. We take a look ahead to 2017 and how La Nina might shape the weather in the coming year.
Topic: The weather of 2016-year in review + La Nina
- Snowzilla tops list of 2016’s most significant weather events in Washington
- Year of the flood: The nation’s 10 most extreme weather events of 2016
- La Niña
- NOAA La Nina page
- What is La Nina?
- La Niña Is Here and Expected to Last Through Winter
Our predictions for 2017:
- Jimmy says its the year of fog
- Becky is skeptical and wants data
Winter 2016-2017 season snowfall predictions for nearest reporting station:
- Joel says Dulles 42”
- Jimmy says Dulles 36”
- Becky says Penn State 38”
Princess Leia' Life Day Song from the Star Wars Holiday Special.
Debbie Reynolds sings "Good Mornin'" in Singing In The Rain